Monday, January 9, 2012

2012....

Here it is the beginning of another exciting year!!  Last year I made some resolutions, some I met, some I didn't.  My resolutions list was quite long and I have discovered that long lists is one of my problems in never meeting ALL of my goals.  So this year, my list will be different.  I am going to break up my goals for the year into two {short} lists.  Here are some of the things I'd like to complete by June of this year.


Since I have had my last baby I think it is appropriate to loose ALL the baby weight.  One huge motivating factor is I NEVER have to gain it back.  Once I have lost the weight I can fluctuate by 5 or so pounds, but never by 50, ever again.  That is something to smile about!!  Before I had Kaysia I was 133 pounds.  I have never reached that weight again, I've been close, but never actually hit it.  Today I weigh 142.  I think I can loose 10 pound in six months, in fact, I hope to hit this goal in one to two months.  That will be easy considering the next thing on my list....


That's right!  13.1 miles is the amount I will be running on April 21st.  It is scary to me to commit to this half marathon but I know I can do it, even when a little voice in my head tells me I can't, I know that I can.  Now this goal was on my list last year and I got really close in my training.  I ran just over 8 miles when I was training when I realized that to continue my training was going to be VERY difficult.  Jason had just started working for himself which meant he was working a lot of hours.  My next run was going to be 9 miles.  We are talking about 2+ hours of running as my training continued.  It was dark in the morning as fall was approaching and darker earlier at night so other than Saturday it would be difficult to train during the week.  Yes, I have a treadmill, but TWO hours on a treadmill staring at a cement wall would have put me right into an insane asylum.  I decided that the Layton half would have to wait until next year.  I would train all summer and be ready for it a month or so before the actual race (and shorter days).  A friend on facebook mentioned the Salt Lake half marathon that takes place on April 21st.  This is perfect!!  As the race gets closer (and my training runs get longer) the weather gets better and the days get longer!!  I'm really excited to get this one off my list.  It seems like a daunting distance to run especially when I am starting back at square one.  The two miles I did run today seemed long.  But once again, I can do it!!!



Last but not least and certainly more important than my first two things on my list is reading the Book of Mormon cover to cover.  I am well on my way with this goal and I am already almost half way through.  When people would tell me that reading this book daily blessed their lives I wasn't sure I believed it.  Well I am here to say that is does.  It's almost like taking a dose of  Prozac or something.  I feel more calm throughout the day (I still need to work on the patience thing).  I also have noticed that I can stay more focused on the things that I need to get done and that it almost seems like the day goes just a bit slower so I can get more done.  Now this doesn't happen everyday and I know that the clock doesn't actually move slower and I still have bad days, but overall, it feels like my life runs a bit more smoothly when I have had my daily B.O.M. dose!!  I've really enjoyed what I have read so far and I am learning so much!! 


There are so many things to think about with this new and refreshing year and so many things I'd love to accomplish.  But for the first of this year, these are the three main things I am working on.  The smaller things I will be working on throughout the year are:
  •   Build up my food storage (there are a lot of people thinking the world will end this year, I'd like to be prepared for a little chaos and empty store shelves.....just in case)
     
  •   Be better at keeping within the limits of a budget.
  •   Be a better friend.
  •   And of course, be a better parent.  This will be one that I will have until the day they lay me in the ground.  My kids are the most important people in my life and I will spend the rest of my life making sure they know that and improving myself for them.

I am so excited for a new year!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!



1 comment:

Cherish said...

those are very good goals! I know you can reach them. I will support you in them all!!