Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First day of School...

Kaysia started FIRST grade this year.  I can't believe how big my baby is getting!!  She was so excited to go to school ALL day long, sit at a real desk and most of all EAT LUNCH at school!  She got assigned a teacher that I heard HORRIBLE things about.  Of course I didn't hear these things until the Saturday night before they started school.  I was at the school bright and early to talk to the principal about my concerns.  He told me that this teacher does come with some "baggage" and she is excited for a fresh start and has "promised" to turn over a new leaf this year.  WHAT????  Yeah, not for me and Kaysia.  She is a 'special' kid, in the sense that if she does not stay challenged she will become bored and not only become a problem causer in class but will fight me everyday to go to school.  Kaysia loves learning and is a great student, but that sometimes is our problem, if she isn't learning, she doesn't want to be there.  This teacher's "methods" I was sure would be a problem for us.  Anyway, I dropped her off at school to the teacher I wasn't comfortable with and cried all the way home.  Mixed emotions really, sad that she was growing up and sad that I was uncomfortable with her teacher.  The principal called me later that day and told me that he was putting kaysia in a different class at noon!  I was excited.  She loves her new teacher and so far loves first grade!
Great picture huh??  This is what happens when mommy spends the morning of the first day in the principal's office and doesn't have time to make sure she got a decent picture!
Kaysia doesn't look happy in any of these pictures.  It wasn't because she lacked excitement, it was because she wanted to go to class and we were stalling!

Kyson started his THIRD year of pre-school this year, yes I know, overkill.  He really likes it and he likes to feel big like his sister and that he too has a place to go during the week.  He loves his school and his teacher and to be honest I kind of like him having somewhere to go!  I love to see his face when I pick him up from school, he is so excited to tell me about his day and I am so excited to hear about it!
My babies are growing up so fast but I love to see them learning new things and I love them to start new adventures in their lives!

No comments: