Monday, April 5, 2010

All in a days work...

On Friday I started and finished project #2 on my list of things I would like to improve in our house. I am now LOVING my laundry room. It got a well needed face lift and is now completely organized! Our laundry room is off the garage entrance to the house so that is where EVERYTHING gets dumped. I am embarrassed to show the before picture. Instead of cleaning it all up I decided to keep it real...so here is to keeping it real...
BEFORE...


As you can see there are coats, backpacks and shoes all over the floor (aside from a laundry basket of clothes, but after all it is a laundry room). This is how it ALWAYS looks. We really don't have a great place to store those things aside from a coat closet that is on the other side of the house where the front door is that we NEVER use. Not to mention the kids are still too little to hang their own coats. Mommy solved a few of our problems...
AFTER...




I painted the room 'Heavenly Blue'. With a name like that I couldn't refuse, after all, who doesn't need their laundry room to be a little more 'heavenly'? I painted the ceiling and the shelving white. I also added some baskets to put the cleaners and stuff in that was on the shelf to make it look a little less cluttered. Also if you look at the picture closely you can see a shelf with wire drawers. I fold my clothes straight out of the dryer and this awesome little thing has made my life a ton easier! Each kid has their own drawer and they are responsible for putting their own clothes away. The basket is manageable for them to carry up the stairs even when it is full. The colors really brightened the room up which was one of my goals. Then I added the hooks on the walls, now coats and backpacks have a place! As for all the shoes...


I found this shoe storage cabinet at IKEA. I wasn't sure on how modern it looked so I went to home depot and bought some different knobs. That made a TON of difference! It fits perfectly behind the door and fits a ton of shoes for it's size!

I am very happy with the room which is a good thing because I spend a lot of time in there!

1 comment:

Cherish said...

way to go! They look great!! I am glad you are my friend and can help me do cool stuff like this, if I ever move to a permanent house.