Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My cute grandparents...

My grandparents came to my sister's wedding and I just had to get a picture of them. They have been married for 53 years and are such an example and inspiration to me. I love this picture because this is them, they are always holding hands and will forever be holding hands, through this life and the next. My favorite memory of them is when it was my (and all of my other cousin's) birthday, they would take us to Leatherby's for ice cream, then we would go sleep over at their house and go to church with them. I remember always noticing after we would say prayer before any meal, they would kiss. I truly believe they are just as in love after 53 years as they were their first year of marriage. I hope that Jason and I can grow together the way they have and that our children and grandchildren strive to be like us because of our example of love, selflessness and spirituality. I love you guys!!!



"Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship, united forever in love"

2 comments:

The Woodlands said...

Oh... I love this picture! I have the same memories! Thanks for capturing it on film.

Faith said...

I have to dito Charity's comment. They are such wonderful examples!