Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Living room makeover...

About 4 and a half years ago I made Jason paint the living room a dark reddish brown color.  He told me to think about the color for a couple weeks and if I still wanted that color he'd paint the wall in the living room.  I instisted that it was the color I wanted and begged him to do it right then.   He did....I hated it. I hate to admit it but, he's almost always right.  I really wanted a fireplace mantel so I designed what I wanted and bought the stuff to do it and my wonderful husband built it.  I wanted to do it myself but our walls are so crooked and he's such a perfectionist, I turned it over to him.  He did an AWESOME job!!  Here is a before picture.


and after....




I REALLY needed a change and LOVE how it turned out.  The furniture is the couches from our formal living room.  My cute neighbor came over and helped me move it (made me) and I LOVE it.  Jason hasn't seen it with the couches in there and I'm not sure if they will stay, but either way, I'm happy I did it and I love my new room!  Oh and the entertainment center?!?!?!  It was such a PAIN to paint but I'm glad I did it because it looks clean and fresh and goes well in the room.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

WOWZERS!!! I love how it turned out too!! GREAT JOB Mellisa!!