Monday, February 13, 2012

New attitude = new number....

   This past week I have had a better attitude towards getting healthy and working out.  I ate pretty good all week and added things like sit-ups, lunges and squats to my running.  I didn't work out as hard as I could but definitely harder than I was.  When I stepped on the scale this morning I couldn't believe it.  135!!!  After being stuck at 139 for a few weeks I was totally discouraged.  Four pounds in one week is AWESOME!!  I'll take it and run with it....literally!  I don't really have "before" pictures that I took specifically for my weight loss journey but I ran across this photo from Vegas last July.  Yes I had just had a baby 4 months before, but that isn't a very good excuse to be as big as I was. 


I don't know what my weight was at this point.  If I had to guess, it would be somewhere in the high 150's.


This picture was taken today at 8:00 this morning (that's why I look so tired).  I am excited that I am FINALLY doing it and doing it on my own!!  I have a few new tricks up my sleeve for the coming weeks and hope to loose at least another 5 pounds.  My goal weight at this point is 130.  I'm so close....I CAN DO THIS!!!

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

WOW!!! You're looking SO GOOD!!! Congrats on the 4lbs in a week!! That's incredible!! :D

Rhiannon Anderson said...

MILF! MILF! You are so awesome Mellisa!!!!

Tami said...

You look AMAZING!!! Way to go! You've inspired me to keep working towards my 130 goal as well! (I am a LONG way off!)

Cherish said...

woot woot! way to go woman! I knew you could do it!!