Thursday, May 24, 2012

I've done it again!!  I've reached another goal.  It takes me longer and longer each time to reach a new weight loss goal, mostly because I get burned out and just give up for a while.  I am a true testament that the BIGGEST, MOST IMPORTANT key to losing weight is EATING, not exercising.  I run, I run a lot.  They say that running is one of the best workouts for losing weight which I think is correct however, no discipline in eating means no weight loss (I've tested this theory personally).  Since my last post I've lost another 7 pounds, this time my eating has been different, instead of focusing on eating just protein, I have just tried to snack all day (carbs and protein a like) and I have gotten the same results.  A proven example that it doesn't matter how you do it, just pick something that will work for you and do it.  We live in a day in age where it is hard to be accountable to yourself so there are a lot of programs out there that tell you how to do it then make you accountable to them.  I think these are GREAT and I desperately wanted to do one, it would have made the motivation a little easier.  Jason however wasn't on board and thought it was a waste of money.  He told me that I could do it on my own and I did.  He's always right (don't tell him I said that).  This is what I am most proud of, I did it on my own.  I am queen of self doubt and lack of will power.  But I mustered up everything I had and I have just kept going.  This time last year I was devastated that I stopped losing weight after I had Kenzlee and the scale was stuck at 163...for weeks.  I realized the rest was up to me.  One year later I'm at 128.  When I first started keeping track of my weight (about a year before I got pregnant with Kaysia so 21 years old), I weighed 133.  I feel so great both physically and mentally.  I feel like I can do anything I put my mind to now.  My new focus is that 8.2 mile run up a hill in less than a month.....I can do it!



135


128




There isn't a ton of difference from picture to picture (my photographer is 8).  The biggest difference I see is in my face and arms.  I do see a difference in my body, even though the picture doesn't really show it.   

3 comments:

Nathan and Shanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathan and Shanna said...

That is amazing Mellisa! I think you look amazing! Great Job!! :)

Cherish said...

woot woot!!!